Today I decided to join many other sewers with this lovely sew-along! This is just made for me, as it's no competition (I wouldn't dare), and I love both vintage patterns and cotton fabrics!
This is really a great idea, as I think cotton is one of the most versatile fibers for garments. So if you are interested, have a look at the original post at Lucky Lucille and join us too!
What you have to do:
- Join the Flickr group Fall For Cotton and introduce yourself in the discussion
- Pick a pattern that helps you recreate a garment from your favorite vintage decade: 1920′s through 70′s
- Pick any fabric that’s 100% cotton
- Start gathering supplies now, with a plan to start sewing on September 1st
- Have your finished garment photographed and uploaded to Flickr by the end of Monday September 30th
- One finished project = one chance to win some awesome prizes at the end of the sewalong! - See more at: http://luckylucille.com/2013/08/fall-for-cotton-a-vintage-sew-along-for-cotton-lovers/#sthash.8s87PxWT.dpuf
I have no idea yet how it all will work out, having two kids and trying to finish my project until Septemer 30, but somehow I certainly will make it.
And I have tons of cotton fabrics for my children sewing projects. The only problem is to find one I have enough of. I would like to make a dress from a vintage fabric I ordered some days ago, but I'm sure it will arrive rather late to start as soon as necessary to finish in time.
I have already a certain pattern in mind, one of those I recently bought...