Saturday 18 January 2014

Vintage Wrap Top Tutorial

Source
While I was having a look around Pinterest (a dangerous ground, as I usually forget time and space and duties...), I found these lovely photographs. They show a woman wearing a wrap top, a very simple one, and I think any skilled sewer could create a pattern fitting her measurements.

I'm not sure when exactly this pictures where made, but to my guess it could be late 1940s or early 1950s.

Look at the second picture, where the base pattern of the top is clearly visible. So easy!

I will certainly try this with a piece of cotton knit fabric, but I'm sure any other lightweight fabric will do.





Source
Just cut a rectangular piece, sew the seams and hems, make an opening for your head according to the one shown in the photo.

To close the front panel, just add two thin bindings, to close the back panel in the front, sew-on a wider binding made of the same material, long enough to make a bow.

Super-easy and so nice for warm summer days!


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this but with a longer bit of fabric so it has a sort of peplum too

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is much appreciated and will be published after approval, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...