Tuesday 25 June 2013

New pattern: McCall 6523 - Misses' Blouse



I just got a new pattern today. :-) Well, as this is a vintage blog, new means: newly acquired. I bought it from Lanetz Living, a place I buy from since 5 years. Even though prices everywhere went up: They still have reasonable prices and a lovely choice throughout all eras. (But be careful: "This website is addictive and can be hazardous to your pocket book, proceed with caution!")

The pattern dates from 1946. I love raglan sleeves, and when it comes to sewing summer tops, there's nothing lovelier than a puffed sleeve raglan blouse. The blouse has a rounded front yoke that extends to the shoulders. Five buttons close the back which has a slightly tapered waist. The sleeves can be long and full, gathered to wrist cuffs or short, puff sleeves edged in piping. 





However, the buttoned back closure is not what I prefer, as usually I need someone to help me close all those buttons. BOAH (best of all husbands) usually is off to work... And I can't ask the postman to help me dress up. ;-) It might be worth trying to make this pattern with a light knit fabric, so the buttons become obsolete. What do you think? Has anyone made any similar experiences?

(Unfortunately, I forgot to save the original photograph when I purchased the pattern, and I have no time to make one myself this week, so I just took these pictures from sellers on Etsy... Hope they don't mind. I guess the item is still available there... My pattern is a size 12 only.)

Pattern: 6523
Manufacturer: mcCall (McCalls)
Year: 1946
Size: 12
Type: Misses' Blouse
Bought from: Lanetz Living




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is much appreciated and will be published after approval, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...